Design of individual machines and complete plants
Technical and mechanical design office
Here at Studio A.S.E., we apply our expertise and professionalism to the detailed design of individual machines and complete plants.
Mechanical design includes a series of technical/engineering procedures (such as feasibility studies, design and construction drawings, general layouts and assembly drawings, validations, tests, results analyses, etc.) to make it possible to produce a product.
Designs are developed on the basis of customer instructions and can serve different purposes, such as Research & Development of new technologies, restyling of existing products or the development of new product ranges, starting from a parent product.
Our experienced designers produce all the necessary documentation for the construction of a structure, plant or component, with a specific function.
Mechanical design plays a role in almost every sector, and must always interact and proceed in concert with other specialisms, such as electrical, electronic and hydronic design etc., to achieve a functional, efficient, comprehensive design at an acceptable cost to the customer.
The sectors we operate in can be summarized as follows:
- food industry plants
- confectionery industry plants
- food processing machines such as filling machines, rotary machines, mixers, turbo emulsifiers, cyclothermic ovens, cooling tunnels and demolders
- heating systems
- boilers and burners
- product conveyor systems, lay-outs
- roller conveyors, chain conveyors, rotary tables, lifting units, shuttles
- bulk product storage and conveyor systems
- frameworks, metal structures, stairs, high-level walkways
- machines for printing on objects
Our mechanical design methodology
We provide comprehensive support for our customers in the design of plants, components and structures. Following discussions with the customer to establish their needs and expectations, the design is produced according to a specific series of steps:
- Producing a quote on the basis of the customer’s brief on the work to be done.
- Once the quote has been signed, work gets under way.
- Establishing validation and control steps with the customer for each point in the quote, so as to ensure that the design phase proceeds correctly at all times.
- Once the design has been completed and confirmed by the customer, the design boards or technical drawings are produced.
- At the customer’s request, the relevant files are added to their business management system.
- Creation of the bill of materials to be sent to production at the customer’s request.
Professional profiles involved
Mechanical design requires the involvement of professional profiles with specific skills and knowledge in drawing and design, coordinated by an expert Team Manager at all times.
Mechanical CAD Drafter
Product documentation manager
Industrial structural designer
Mechanical design software
Depending on the project and the customer’s requirements, we use different types of two-dimensional and three-dimensional mechanical design software. Our experience and knowledge of the major mechanical design programs enhances our ability to produce details of individual machines or complete plants.
Autodesk Autocad Mechanical
AutoCad con applicativo TOP
Pro Engineer – CREO 2-3
One space Co-create
Mechanical Design: Case Studies and Successfully Completed Projects
Chocolate production line
A company operating in the confectionery industry commissioned us to design the executive layout of a chocolate production machine, which required connections for the supply of water, electricity and compressed air.